Providing Nurse Leaders with the
Knowledge, Tools and Guidance
Critical for Success in Executive Leadership!
The 2020 Class Will Begin February 8, 2020
View ELA Brochure
ACNL’s Executive Leadership Academy effectively blends didactic and mentorship learning throughout the 12-month program. Participants will come together for learning intensives four times during the program. One of these in-person intensives will coincide with ACNL’s Annual Conference in February. In addition, there will be required readings, recorded lectures, synchronous and asynchronous webinars, and group dialogue via discussion boards. This exclusive program is limited to 20 participants. Preference given to ACNL members.
Informational Webinar Coming Soon
This Innovative Program Features:
- 360-degree assessment and individualized learning plan by a certified coach
- Collaboration with an Executive Nurse Leader Mentor via the LifeMoxie platform.
- A capstone quality improvement project to benefit your sponsoring institution with an internal champion to guide you.
- Cohort experience and networking with California health care leaders.
- Program materials
- Certificate of completion
Submit your online application, including one letter of recommendation, a curriculum vitae and a 200 - 400 word personal statement describing your future career goals. Have these materials ready, then visit our online application site using the link below:
Executive Leadership Academy Online Application
Once you've submitted your application, you'll be notified if you've been accepted to the program. Payment will be required prior to start of the program.
Executive Leadership Academy Tuition: $9,000 scholarships available to ACNL members.
Dates and Locations for 2020 ELA In-Person Sessions:
February 8-9, 2020 in Rancho Mirage (in conjunction with the ACNL Annual Conference)
Anticipated In-Person Meetings
April 2020 in Sacramento
June 2020 in Sacramento
August 2020 in Sacramento
October 2020 in Sacramento
February 9, 2021 in Monterey (Poster Session for the ACNL Annual Conference)
Executive Leadership Academy Objectives
- Employ strategic thinking and decision-making in your leadership practice.
- Analyze the principles of complex leadership and their effective application within healthcare organizations.
- Apply contemporary strategies to effectively lead change.
- Develop high performance communication skills, including inspiring a shared vision, promoting shared decision-making within interprofessional teams, utilizing advanced negotiation tactics to optimize results, and effectively resolving conflict.
- Use evidence-based approaches to create a culture of innovation within your organization.
- Identify and maximize your personal leadership style.