At the conclusion of this program, the learner will be able to:
1. Explore the educational preparation they need for a nursing leadership position;
2. Identify important leadership skills that can be developed early;
3. Recognize at least two personal characteristics needed to succeed in a nursing leadership position;
4. Describe one barrier or challenge that may prevent a minority nurse from seeking a leadership position;
5. Discuss two strategies that can be used by current nurse leaders to develop the nurse leaders of the future.
Ruth Ann Terry is the immediate past Executive Director of the CA BRN.
Dr. Joseph Morris is the Executive Director for the CA BRN.
Maricon Estebar BSN, RN is a Practice Coordinator for the Oncology Unit at Saint Agnes Medical Center and was selected as NLC’s RN of the Year (2019) for Administration.
Alicia Garcia is a DNP candidate (USF) and is the Director of Nursing, Maternal Child at Stanford Valley Care.
For more information please view the program flyer